Sometimes, it isn’t about what we add to our lives that creates the dream life worth living.
It’s about what—or who—we say goodbye to. It’s about stopping patterns—once and for all—the behaviors, thoughts, actions, situations, stuff and people that keep us stuck in our old life.
It’s about letting go.
- Letting go of bad habits, clutter, negativity, energy—drainers and time—wasters.
- Letting go of unhealthy food that keeps us stuck in a place of yuck.
- Letting go of people that make us sigh and try to make us feel bad about who we want to be.
- Letting go of projects and dreams that no longer fit the direction we want to go in.
- Letting go of routines and schedules that are overwhelming and pointless.
- Letting go of tarnished treasures that we have to hide away because they are old, ugly, rusty….or no longer serve a purpose.
- Letting go of excuses.
- Letting go of can’t.
It’s about saying goodbye.
What stops us from saying goodbye to the things—and people—that no longer serve us in a positive way? Why do we hang on longer than we know we should? Why do we stay stuck on an endless road of same—old—destructive habits when we can CLEARLY see what life could be like if we let go?
We hang on out of fear.
- Fear of hurting someone’s feelings
- Fear of wasting.
- Fear of change.
- Fear of lack.
- Fear of taking responsibility.
- Fear of failure.
- Fear of success.
What would it take for you to finally say goodbye and mean it? Would it mean saying goodbye to fear? Honestly, that is easier said than done. Being in a state of continual courage is exhausting and hard to sustain. We all are familiar with the middle of the night Fear Monsters that eat courage for a bedtime snack.
Perhaps another approach would be to acknowledge, accept and face the fear.
And then say goodbye anyway. The act of naming the fear, is like facing the monsters in the closet. When you shine the light on them, you find they are harmless. You find they were smoke screens—keeping you from seeing the truth.
Once we have faced, admitted and accepted our fears, it becomes easier to see the truth.
The Truth that we can say goodbye in a loving, proactive, thoughtful way that opens the door to better self-esteem, proactive actions, clarity, exciting adventures, more loving relationships and the dream life we desire.
Uncover your hidden fears and you will open the door to moving forward.
Is it time to say goodbye?